- U.S. Life Insurance Coverage for Non-U.S. Citizen
- Are you a candidate for U.S. Life Insurance?
- Who is considered a Non-U.S. Resident?
- Tax concerns facing residents and non-resident aliens
- Finding a solution with U.S. Life Insurance
- U.S. Life Insurance Policy
- Coverage Options Available
- Application Process
- Restrictions to Coverage
- How to Apply for a U.S. Life Insurance Policy
U.S. Life Insurance Coverage for Non-U.S. Citizen
It is possible for a Non-U.S. citizen to receive life insurance coverage from American life insurance companies with Top Quote Life Insurance. We understand the unique estate and tax planning needs you require and know how to use life insurance to protect you and your family’s assets.
If you have ties in the U.S., then you may qualify for a U.S. life insurance policy as a non U.S. citizen.
Call us at Top Quote Life Insurance toll free 888-777-7574 to see if you qualify for U.S. life insurance coverage.
For additional information on U.S. life insurance please be sure to visit, foreign national and non-resident life insurance.
Are you a candidate for U.S. Life Insurance?
If you fall within one or more of the following categories, you are considered an ideal candidate for U.S. life insurance coverage.
- Non-Resident Alien who owns U.S. assets
- U.S. assets that are subject to U.S. estate taxes
- Professionals who spend time in the U.S. for business
- Non-Resident Aliens married to U.S. citizens
Who is considered a Non-U.S. Resident?
(Citizenship is not a determining factor in defining a non-U.S. resident.)
- An individual who spends more than 3 months in one calendar year outside the U.S
- An individual who visits the U.S. for business or pleasure, but their permanent residence is not located in the U.S. (This also includes a U.S. citizen who may have moved outside of the U.S. to another country but temporarily returns back to visit.)
- May reside in the U.S. for limited time period. (This would include students, an individual here on business or for educational training.
- An individual who resides in the U.S. part-time only, but has a permanent residence outside the U.S.
Tax concerns facing residents and non-resident aliens
Unfortunately, many Non U.S. citizens are unaware of the U.S. tax laws associated with their U.S. assets. Without proper planning the value of your assets can be in jeopardy.
A spouse of either a Non-Resident or Resident Alien is not entitled to unlimited martial deductions. Assets transferred to a non-U.S. citizen spouse could be subject to large U.S. gift or estate taxes.
Non Resident Aliens are subjected to U.S. estate liability taxes if they own U.S. property. The max of $60,000 may be exempt from U.S. estate taxes resulting in significant tax balance owed.
Resident Aliens with high net worth over $20,000,000 could face expatriation taxes if they are no longer U.S. Residents.
Finding a solution with U.S. Life Insurance
With proper planning, a U.S. life insurance policy can provide solutions to the big tax and estate concerns facing Resident and Non-Resident Aliens. A life insurance policy will help provide:
- Immediate funds to pay for U.S. estate taxes
- Keep your U.S. assets in the family
- Protect the full value of an estate
- Funds to preserve the standard of living of surviving spouse
U.S. Life Insurance Policy
- Up to $20,000,000 in issued life insurance coverage
- Issue ages from 18-75 (76+ individual consideration)
- Death benefit is generally tax free
- Tax free cash values
Coverage Options Available
Now that you see the importance of how a life insurance policy can benefit you and your family, you will need to determine what type of policy will protect your hard earned assets. Both term and permanent life insurance options are available, however most life insurance companies require you to purchase minimum of $250,000 of coverage.
The process for applying for U.S. life insurance is not a difficult task but it does take some time depending on the individual. Generally expect the process to take 1-2 months. The application and delivery of the final policy must occur while in the U.S. Documents and medical records must be translated in English. Depending on the amount of life insurance coverage being requested, a financial inspection report may be required. A copy of your green card or visa will need to be submitted with the application.
Medical Exam: A medical exam will be provided by the life insurance company being applied for. The medical exam must be completed while in the U.S.
Medical Records: The life insurance company will require a copy of your medical records. It is very important that you have a well documented medical history.
In order to be eligible for U.S. life insurance coverage, you must have some type of tie to the U.S. This may include either a bank account, brokerage account, own real estate or own a personal business. Any one of the listed U.S. ties must have been owned at a minimum of 1 year prior to applying for coverage. You are also eligible if you have family living in the U.S.
Restrictions to Coverage
Unfortunately, not everyone will qualify for U.S. life insurance coverage. Below is a list of restrictions that will disqualify you for applying for U.S. life insurance coverage. Residing in certain countries could also disqualify you from coverage.
- Certain job professions and entities
- If you have no meaningful connection to the U.S.
- Any country on the United States State Department travel warning list
- Any country at war or in conflict
- Any country at risk of terrorism, uprising or political instability
- Any country experiencing a famine, endemic, epidemic or pandemic disease
- A country with non-existent or limited medical care
Most importantly, not all countries will qualify for U.S. life insurance coverage. It is very important that you contact Top Quote Life Insurance by either telephone or email to confirm that your country is on the qualifying list for U.S. life insurance coverage.
How to Apply for a U.S. Life Insurance Policy
Applying for Non-U.S. citizen life insurance coverage is not a difficult task when you work with Top Quote Life Insurance. We understand the life insurance coverage you need and work with the best life insurance companies that specialize in Non-U.S. citizen life insurance coverage.
If you would like additional information on non-U.S. citizen life insurance coverage or would like a quote please feel free to call us toll free at (888) 777-7574, use the instance chat now button below, Skype username: jrmanola or simply send us a message below. Be sure to include your country of residence to confirm you qualify for Non-U.S. citizen life insurance coverage.
For U.S. life insurance quote please include the following:
- Country of Residency
- Date of Birth
- Any Health Issues
- Term or Permanent
- Amount of Coverage
Non-U.S. Citizen Life Insurance by Jeffrey Manola Top Quote Life Insurance